How the US auto-industry regained its footing during the recent financial turmoil and became competitive again with foreign auto producers. A great illustration of how Joseph Schumpeter’s “creative destruction” can revitalize a failing industry.
Search within blog:
- Inflation and stock market
- World Bank reforms voting power structure
- US economic growth for the last 200 years
- Why China wanted to peg US dollar?
- R&D and a hint of China’s future global brand
- Put dollar depreciation in historical perspective
- Misery Index by President
- China to build more affordable housing
asset bubble auto banking bubble business cycle China commodities contagion crisis Currency debt debt crisis deflation economics Economy emerging markets EU euro Europe exchange rate Fed forecasting FX gold Great Deleveraging growth history Housing housing bubble Inflation interview Investing investment Japan labor market Monetary policy Real estate Recession recovery technology Unemployment United States video Wall Street Yuan