El-Arian of PIMCO thinks to prevent a housing price collapse, either overnment must intervene or the mortgage contracts have to be altered. “There is no better alternative”, he said in a CNBC interview (watch below). Boy, that’s frightening! But I was more frightened by how a capitalist at such high level ditches market-based solutions so easily.
Search within blog:
- Inflation and stock market
- World Bank reforms voting power structure
- US economic growth for the last 200 years
- Put dollar depreciation in historical perspective
- US and Europe: Different labor markets, different inflation prospects
- some facts about gold
- China – bubble or no bubble?
- Bear Market Rally: then and now
asset bubble auto banking bubble business cycle China commodities contagion crisis Currency debt debt crisis deflation economics Economy emerging markets EU euro Europe exchange rate Fed forecasting FX gold Great Deleveraging growth history Housing housing bubble Inflation interview Investing investment Japan labor market Monetary policy Real estate Recession recovery technology Unemployment United States video Wall Street Yuan