Republican senator, Jim Bunning, strongly opposes the re-nomination of the Fed Chairman, Ben Bernanke. Some of his critique are quite sensible. The Fed’s biggest mistake, in my view, is it did not act proactively to stop the housing bubble.
Search within blog:
- Bhagwati: Why Doha Round failed
- Put dollar depreciation in historical perspective
- Are you ready for QE3?
- Inflation and stock market
- World Bank reforms voting power structure
- China’s banks – a drag on rebalancing
- US 10-year Treasury Yield at 220-year Low
- Ten years after dot.com bubble
- The exodus of Chinese rich
asset bubble auto banking bubble business cycle China commodities contagion crisis Currency debt debt crisis deflation economics Economy emerging markets EU euro Europe exchange rate Fed forecasting FX gold Great Deleveraging growth history Housing housing bubble Inflation interview Investing investment Japan labor market Monetary policy Real estate Recession recovery technology Unemployment United States video Wall Street Yuan