NY Times details the government bailout plan so far. I was stunned by the sheer amount the US government has committed. History is in the making. It'd better work; otherwise, huge budget deficits coupled with super easy monetary policy, it's not impossible that the dollar will eventually collapse, and the international monetary system will have to be revamped.
Search within blog:
- Inflation and stock market
- World Bank reforms voting power structure
- US economic growth for the last 200 years
- US and Europe: Different labor markets, different inflation prospects
- Put dollar depreciation in historical perspective
- some facts about gold
- Bear Market Rally: then and now
- China – bubble or no bubble?
asset bubble auto banking bubble business cycle China commodities contagion crisis Currency debt debt crisis deflation economics Economy emerging markets EU euro Europe exchange rate Fed forecasting FX gold Great Deleveraging growth history Housing housing bubble Inflation interview Investing investment Japan labor market Monetary policy Real estate Recession recovery technology Unemployment United States video Wall Street Yuan