Roach questions the Fed’s monetary policy channel through wealth effect, which is prone to generate asset bubbles one after another. He also thinks the Fed should change its narrow policy objective of price stability, but to ensure broader financial stability.
Search within blog:
- Inflation and stock market
- US economic growth for the last 200 years
- World Bank reforms voting power structure
- China to build more affordable housing
- Put dollar depreciation in historical perspective
- US and Europe: Different labor markets, different inflation prospects
- Bear Market Rally: then and now
- Will currency depreciation solve the trade deficit problem?
asset bubble auto banking bubble business cycle China commodities contagion crisis Currency debt debt crisis deflation economics Economy emerging markets EU euro Europe exchange rate Fed forecasting FX gold Great Deleveraging growth history Housing housing bubble Inflation interview Investing investment Japan labor market Monetary policy Real estate Recession recovery technology Unemployment United States video Wall Street Yuan