Greg Ip has a nice piece on wsj summarizing the ongoing heated debate whether the Fed should prick bubbles using monetary policy and whether monetary policy itself is the culprit for creating bubbles.
Search within blog:
- Inflation and stock market
- World Bank reforms voting power structure
- US economic growth for the last 200 years
- R&D and a hint of China’s future global brand
- China to build more affordable housing
- Misery Index by President
- Cochrane: Time to buy stocks?
- Put dollar depreciation in historical perspective
asset bubble auto banking bubble business cycle China commodities contagion crisis Currency debt debt crisis deflation economics Economy emerging markets EU euro Europe exchange rate Fed forecasting FX gold Great Deleveraging growth history Housing housing bubble Inflation interview Investing investment Japan labor market Monetary policy Real estate Recession recovery technology Unemployment United States video Wall Street Yuan