NY Times reports, in earthquake, China is beginning to develop its own robust civil society. This can't happen without rising economic prosperity and personal wealth. Milton Friedman's essay on the relation between economic freedom and political freedom makes more sense than ever.
Search within blog:
- Inflation and stock market
- World Bank reforms voting power structure
- US economic growth for the last 200 years
- Why China wanted to peg US dollar?
- Facts about "Great Crash 1929"
- Put dollar depreciation in historical perspective
- China’s debt boom will have consequence
- Pig production in comparative perspective
asset bubble auto banking bubble business cycle China commodities contagion crisis Currency debt debt crisis deflation economics Economy emerging markets EU euro Europe exchange rate Fed forecasting FX gold Great Deleveraging growth history Housing housing bubble Inflation interview Investing investment Japan labor market Monetary policy Real estate Recession recovery technology Unemployment United States video Wall Street Yuan