Listen to this heated debate on whether Goldman Sachs manipulated the market and engineered every bubble since the Great Depression. I reckon it's hard to justify such claim but without correcting the perverse incentives on Wall Street, traders of Goldman Sachs and alike will soon again risk the whole financial system in order to earn their big fat bonuses. I don't blame Goldman Sachs; I blame the misaligned incentive system. (source: On Point)
Search within blog:
- Inflation and stock market
- US economic growth for the last 200 years
- World Bank reforms voting power structure
- US and Europe: Different labor markets, different inflation prospects
- Warren Buffet: Squanderville vs. Thriftville
- Decoupling or recoupling?
- China – bubble or no bubble?
- China to build more affordable housing
asset bubble auto banking bubble business cycle China commodities contagion crisis Currency debt debt crisis deflation economics Economy emerging markets EU euro Europe exchange rate Fed forecasting FX gold Great Deleveraging growth history Housing housing bubble Inflation interview Investing investment Japan labor market Monetary policy Real estate Recession recovery technology Unemployment United States video Wall Street Yuan