Marty Feldstein (former NBER president) and Simon Johnson (former Chief Economist at IMF) talk about the challenges to the global economy. (pretty long, runs about 1 hr and 12 mins, including Q&A session, but Marty’s talk is in the first 22 mins).
Search within blog:
- Inflation and stock market
- World Bank reforms voting power structure
- US economic growth for the last 200 years
- R&D and a hint of China’s future global brand
- Why China wanted to peg US dollar?
- Put dollar depreciation in historical perspective
- China to build more affordable housing
- Warren Buffet: Squanderville vs. Thriftville
asset bubble auto banking bubble business cycle China commodities contagion crisis Currency debt debt crisis deflation economics Economy emerging markets EU euro Europe exchange rate Fed forecasting FX gold Great Deleveraging growth history Housing housing bubble Inflation interview Investing investment Japan labor market Monetary policy Real estate Recession recovery technology Unemployment United States video Wall Street Yuan